Any professional person who provides advice is regarded as an expert and is liable if a claim is made against them if loss is incurred as a result of taking that advice.
Professional Indemnity insurance covers an organisation or professional individual's legal liability to compensate third parties (past or present clients) for losses they have sustained arising out of negligent acts, errors or omissions or civil liability in conducting their business. It also covers negligence on behalf of employees of an individual or company.
Professional indemnity insurance provides cover against:
- Financial, physical or material loss caused by an individual or organisation's actual or alleged mistake or failure to exercise their expected level of skill in providing expert advice
- Legal costs associated with investigating or defending any alleged claims
Under a professional indemnity insurance policy the insured is protected against breach of professional duty arising from common law, statute law or contract law.
Please contact DMA Insurance Brokers at for more information on how you can be protected by this type of insurance cover.
Rest easy with
- Your own dedicated Account Manager
- Personalised claims support
- Comprehensive risk assessments
- Annual reviews